Why become a member? ×

Markbass combos MB58R MINI AND NOT MINI

Togomi

Hi,

I was checking new MB combos and I couldn't see the difference between Mini and not mini in CMD 121 models.

I can see the difference between P and Pure, but both models have two versions, mini and normal.

The mini is smaller and ligther, but same speaker, tweeter, power, response...

MB58R MINI CMD 121 PURE

MB58R CMD 121 PURE

What could I loose with mini model?

Thanks in advance

LIke you say the mini is smaller and lighter so possibly you may lose some bottom end and maybe the mini is a little cheaper?  Not familiar with the new lineup but there are now a confusing number of options!

Just had a look at the prices, WOW these have all gone up a couple of hundred pounds over the ones they replace....

Edited by yorks5stringer

Yes, MINI is cheaper. 1000€ to 1200€, more or less.

I'm thinking about PURE model because of the tweeter. I've got the previous CMD121P and I hate piezo tweeter.

The one which has similar price than the one it replaces is the MINI CMD121P, 795€, but less power, 150W 8ohm and 300W 4ohm. The previous has 300 8ohm and 500 4ohm.

It's still for sale in version IV.

https://www.markbass.it/product/mini-cmd-121p-iv/

I'm doubting about changing from 1x12 to 2x10. Not sure.

Thanks and greets

On 15/11/2022 at 23:24, yorks5stringer said:

LIke you say the mini is smaller and lighter so possibly you may lose some bottom end and maybe the mini is a little cheaper?  Not familiar with the new lineup but there are now a confusing number of options!

Just had a look at the prices, WOW these have all gone up a couple of hundred pounds over the ones they replace....

This is what Markbass answered me:

"Both the MB58R CMD 121 PURE and MB58R MINI CMD 121 PURE feat the same amp, speaker and hi-fi tweeter.
The larger size of MB58R CMD 121 PURE gives a bit more bottom-end than the MINI but difference is fairly subtle."

We could supose that. I think that has no sense, more dimensions and weight if they are almost the same.

If it's fairly subtle, maybe I'll go with the cheapest and smallest.

• Like 1

PURE models have hifi tweeter, P models the new piezzo.

Maybe the "non mini" replaces 121H, but you have the same 121 PURE as MINI with same speaker, hifi tweeter, power and response.

The old CMD 121P was different to 121H, especially because of the tweeter, but new ones 121 PURE and MINI 121 PURE only weight and dimensions.