Why become a member? ×

Price Drop £190 - SHORT-SCALE - GRETSCH G2220 ELECTROMATIC JUNIOR JET BASS II - TOBACCO SUNBURST + Extra strings + Gig Bag *ON HOLD* - *SOLD*
£200
LEICESTERSHIRE

Bassfingers

Now sold. Thanks for your interest. 🙂 

Up for sale, my short scale Gretsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass. This is the tobacco sunburst finish version which, IMHO looks pretty smart.

These are great fun to play and have a surprisingly meaty tone considering the shorter scale. I bought this to keep me amused during lockdown but it rarely gets played now so it’s time to move it on.

The bass is in very good condition and has been strung with D'addario tapewound strings since I’ve had it. I put the original roundwounds back on for the sale (tapewounds aren’t everyone’s cup of tea) but I will include the D'addarios in the sale – there’s plenty of life left in them. I’m also including an unbranded gig bag in fair condition.

There are a few minor marks to the finish. The worst of which is on the back at the top – please see photograph here. There is also a random little dink (couple of mm) in the backplate. Otherwise it’s a pretty clean and smart example.

Specs are:

30.3" Scale Length

Walnut Fretboard

20 Medium Jumbo Frets

Two Single-Coil Pickups

Basswood body

Bolt-on maple neck

Three-position pickup toggle switch, master volume and master tone

These basses are retailing around £320 / 330 new

Price drop -  including the extra tapewound strings and gig bag price is now £190

Collection only from East Leicestershire. I would consider driving within a 20 mile radius to exchange if it was a deal breaker.

Up for sale on eBay too, but listed at a Basschat discount price here 😎

F.jpg

G.jpg

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

G7.jpg

G8.jpg

G9.jpg

Gbag.jpg

Gstrings.jpg

G10.jpg

Edited by Bassfingers
Amendments
  • Like 8

• Bassfingers changed the title to Price Drop £190 - SHORT-SCALE - GRETSCH G2220 ELECTROMATIC JUNIOR JET BASS II - TOBACCO SUNBURST + Extra strings + Gig Bag
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s a fantastic price for the bass!

I’ve just moved and, while I have a few basses, it’s the Gretsch that is currently sat out on the stand ready to be played. They sound fantastic and if they’re good enough for Royal Blood…

GLWTS!

14 hours ago, admiralchew said:

That’s a fantastic price for the bass!

I’ve just moved and, while I have a few basses, it’s the Gretsch that is currently sat out on the stand ready to be played. They sound fantastic and if they’re good enough for Royal Blood…

GLWTS!

Thanks for the endorsement!  ☺️👍

• Like 1

• Bassfingers changed the title to *SOLD* … SHORT-SCALE - GRETSCH G2220 ELECTROMATIC JUNIOR JET BASS II - TOBACCO SUNBURST + Extra strings + Gig Bag *ON HOLD*