Why become a member? ×

Singers or vocalists, singing or vocalising

Barking Spiders

On 25/10/2022 at 18:59, Barking Spiders said:

Out in the webverse there's the view that a 'singer' is typically e.g. anyone who fronts a band and who doesn't typically have training, may not always hit the notes and can make up for lack of what's widely accepted as a traditionally good voice with one that's characterful or distinctive

Anyone who has been (un)fortunate enough to hear me putting words to music would realise I have no training, fail to hit the right notes frequently and don't even make up for it with a voice that is distinctive.  It may not count as singing by some people's standards but that's what I call it.

5 hours ago, Nicko said:

Anyone who has been (un)fortunate enough to hear me putting words to music would realise I have no training, fail to hit the right notes frequently and don't even make up for it with a voice that is distinctive...

I concur. ¬¬

:lol: :P

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nicko said:

Anyone who has been (un)fortunate enough to hear me putting words to music would realise I have no training, fail to hit the right notes frequently and don't even make up for it with a voice that is distinctive.  It may not count as singing by some people's standards but that's what I call it.

Not a problem they can make you a star with the corrective software they use for most of the other stars nowadays.