Why become a member? ×

Jennings Electronic Industries 1973 JEI B3 Vintage Cab in Vox Livery - *SOLD*
£150
Lancaster

ash

Vintage JEI (Jennings) 15” Eminence loaded bass cab in Vox livery. This cab was used for some 60’s style shows coupled with my ‘64 T60. The cabinet dates from the 1973 and is a Jennings B3 cab. It is in good condition but has been well gigged over the past half century. The driver is a newer 15’’ 200 watt Eminence and is 8 ohms. I added the Vox vintage cloth, piping and Vox badge. I have the original JEI badge and cloth but this is very tatty. This is a nice punchy cab with a vintage vibe. Pickup only. 

For all those who don’t know JEI was formed by former Vox employee Tom Jennings when he was unceremoniously given his cards when Vox changed management. Jennings was the main man behind all the classic Vox amps of the JMI era. 
I have two of these but only need the one! 

https://www.voxac100.org.uk/jennings_b3_bass_speaker_cabinet.htm

Edited by ash
Sold locally
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Oldman said:

That takes me back to a Vox Foundation Rig I had way back in the Cavern days in Liverpool. 

A mate of mine used to have 1x18 Vox Foundation cab which he used to "nail " to the stage with 6ins nails to stop the cab from bouncing around the stage. Coggsie had quite a rather heavy percussive style 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oldman said:

That takes me back to a Vox Foundation Rig I had way back in the Cavern days in Liverpool. 

I had the Foundation rig and the 18” are very powerful. I had two of them at one point! The reason I got the Jenniings 15” version is because it is much more useable in a modern rig. I’ve used the pair of mine with Markbass and Orange amps. They have a vintage look but are much lighter than the Foundation cabs. The Vox livery looks good too suitably retro! 

• ash changed the title to Jennings Electronic Vintage Cab Sold