Why become a member? ×

Pedals underneath the pedalboard - how to turn them on?

Lunoxx

I'm planning to put some pedals underneath my board. Basically some stuff that's always one and which settings won't be changed at all. However, some of these pedals are switched off when I first power my pedalboard, while others automatically turn on when powering the board. Since I don't want to flip my board over every time I connect the power jack, I was wondering if there's a way of changing the turn on/off behaviour of pedals? I know that for some of the newer digital ones you can choose this in the global settings, but I assume for analog or more simple pedals, you just have to take it as it is, right? 

On that note, does anyone know whether the small TC Electronic pedals (e.g. Spectracomp or Spark mini) turn on automatically when powered? 

19 hours ago, Lunoxx said:

On that note, does anyone know whether the small TC Electronic pedals (e.g. Spectracomp or Spark mini) turn on automatically when powered? 

Just checked my SpectraComp and it does maintain it's on/off state between being powered, so it will be on if it when powered (providing it was on when you powered it down!).

On 31/08/2022 at 20:26, Lunoxx said:

My TC Hypergravity remembers it's on/off state after power down. I've not pulled it apart yet (shocker for me, I'm usually right inside a new pedal checking the guts out) so not sure if the soft touch switch is still mechanical or if they use other wizardry to achieve it.