Why become a member? ×

What happens to damaged Fender basses?

sirmuppet

2 minutes ago, sirmuppet said:

Not at all. That was a question I kept asking so I knew too 😁. I remember the import fees were £273.56. $129.21 for shipping but not sure what that is in UK pounds. 

Thanks mate. Hopefully there will be another run as you say. My Hoppus bass is still my go to bass after almost 20 years.

Hope your replacement is sorted soon :)

6 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Thanks mate. Hopefully there will be another run as you say. My Hoppus bass is still my go to bass after almost 20 years.

Hope your replacement is sorted soon :)

No worries. If you have any questions at all give me a shout any time. Are you on the HMNIM Discord? If not you should as you get a heads up on special runs and release dates ahead of everyone else. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sirmuppet said:

No worries. If you have any questions at all give me a shout any time. Are you on the HMNIM Discord? If not you should as you get a heads up on special runs and release dates ahead of everyone else. 

Thanks, I'll take a look. I did notice there was no mention of the Seymour Duncan SPB3 on the HMNIM page.

Is the replacement Fender stock one a similar sound?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Thanks, I'll take a look. I did notice there was no mention of the Seymour Duncan SPB3 on the HMNIM page.

Is the replacement Fender stock one a similar sound?

They had supply issues at Fender for them so they put in the stock Alnico 5 you get in the Player series. I was skeptical it would be similar. Gigged it last Sat and was amazing at how powerful it was. I wouldn't say it's the same as it lacks the low end in my opinion of the SPB3 but certainly it's hot. So much so I took the pickguard off to see if I'd been given the previous generations ceramic bar version but no. Watch though, that pickguard is super sharp, slice my finger open on it. Have never had that happen before. I have an SPB3 on hand to go in when I get the replacememt. May look to put a cap in to reign in the output a little but will see. 

Have to say though the Pau Ferro is really nice to play. I was unsure I'd like it since I'm such a fan of rosewood. Feels very similar to Ebony but I'm not convinced on the grain of it visually.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So to any one who may want to know in future. Fender requested the bass back which I knew they would. I did offer to buy it from them, they considered this but when they saw the damage they said it was too severe to be sold. I got my replacement pretty much when I expected it. As to what happens to that bass I'm not sure. It is back with Fender UK. They may use it for parts I guess or just sell it as is since it was Fender USA that said it was too damaged. If anyone comes across a pink Fender jaguar serial number mx22173539 then remove and check the G string tuner on the back and make sure it was fixed in some way. Cheers for all the replies.