Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MusicMan Darkray

VitoMB

I would be pleased to hear from you guys about the Darkglass. I should have decided by Thursday (I put a hold on it at the music store).

The store is far from my place so I do not have opportunities to play it multiple time before buying.

Anyone ?  Thanks !

So I've never played a Darkray as they are very rare, but it's a Stingray 4 or 5 string, which are great basses in their own right, plenty of punch and clarity, always good in any mix. I play SR5's and Bongos.

Plus it has the omega and alpha distortion circuits from Darkglass, which are great tone and distortion units.

Wether they are better than buying a Stingray and a O/A pedal? Who knows, you'd need to try them.

Bottom line is that it'll be a great bass in either case.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WinterMute said:

So I've never played a Darkray as they are very rare, but it's a Stingray 4 or 5 string,

Well sort of; It has a Darkglass designed 2 band preamp in addition to A/O with blend built in.

To OP;

It seems to be designed for Hard Rock/Metalist; Darkglass also makes preamp for Dingwall Special Edition NG3 for those 2 company's to put Darkglass pre in their Basses

that say's something.

Something about Demo's for that Bass keeps it in my Head and pushing me to buy it; even though I most likely will never use A/O  in a live situation [well I might force it on a couple songs]

I think it's only a couple hundred more than standard which price already hurts so what is a little more pain😀

• Thanks 1