Why become a member? ×

USA Built 1990 Ampeg V4BH 100 Watt Valve Bass Head - Sale Fell Through - It's available again! - *SOLD*
£750
Skipton, North Yorkshire

pembroke151

This amp is now back on the market after a sale fell through, I get around a bit so may be able to meet up somewhere if you're interested.

Dave.

Reluctant sale but I have recently picked up an SVT-VR, nowhere near as convenient as this amp but matches my cabinet and has the headroom I need.

• Full working order.
  • 100 Watts
  • Weighs about 20KG.

These are a great alternative to a full on SVT Classic, this one being in the black livery as opposed to the modern ones which are Silverface.  On the 100 Watt amps you can utilise the gain a lot more than on the 300 Watt SVT's.  The weight is an obvious advantage too as it's a comfortable one man lift with the side handles.  The sound is as you would expect, loads of character and the simple tone circuit delivers perfectly.  I have used this at 200 / 300 capacity clubs and you do need to turn up the volume to a point where you could never get the SVT, but  it does have the headroom and sounds amazing through my SVT212 cabinet.

• USA made, doesn't mean a lot to some people, but to others it's everything, and this one is a US version.
  • Fitted with GrooveTubes as I have tried to photograph.
  • I haven't had it serviced in the time I have owned it, but it works fine and if it doesn't sell I will get it seen to fully with a re-tube.

Thanks for looking.  Happy to travel and meet up for a serious buyer ands happy to demo to the best of my ability if possible on the sale.

I don't want to ship it, I would if pushed as I have a perfect dual layer box from a the SVT-AV I now own, this however would have to be at the full cost of the buyer and would be better as a collection / drop-off which they would have to arrange.IMG_7051.thumb.jpeg.3507b1f1f4e2d3b2ab8d585b90a76b6d.jpeg

Appreciate you looking, thank you.

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

Edited by pembroke151
Sale fell through, customer didn't complete.
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • pembroke151 changed the title to USA Built 1990 Ampeg V4BH 100 Watt Valve Bass Head - Sale Fell Through - It's available again!
  • pembroke151 changed the title to USA Built 1990 Ampeg V4BH 100 Watt Valve Bass Head - NOW SOLD! Thank You!!