Why become a member? ×

Steinberger 1983 L2

Pete Academy

I have a 1983 Steinberger L2 bass, purchased in that year. Serial number 610. It has the push-in knee rest. The logo is a sticker and not the one stamped into the body.

I replaced the single tone pot with an EMG dual concentric bass/treble active one many years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have the original pot and knob.

The battery plate is split but still intact. I also have a Steinberger gig bag, but it has worn at the top and the bass pokes through.

For anyone that has Tony Bacon's Ultimate Guitar Book, this is the actual bass pictured in the book.

I am open to offers.

[quote name='Jesso' post='464598' date='Apr 17 2009, 12:23 AM']How mucho? Approx? PICS????!!!??[/quote]

7 x £5 vouchers, @ €10.

[attachment=23941:Vouchers.jpg]

Can even be used in Woolies! :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='464701' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:27 AM']Oooh! So that's what happens if you get the A & the D strings mixed up when restringing & try tuning the A to D? :)

Have another bump. I wanted one of these in the late 80's.[/quote]

Customised by The Post Office using a forklift or something else very heavy ...

yeah me too .. It was a revelation when I first tried one in the Basscenter way back when.

• 1 month later...

Let them laugh, this piece of plastic sounds better than most of the custom made exotic wood basses proudly owned by...
Anyway, I sold mine last year for 1500 euro's and the guy who bought it felt it was a real good deal.
For those interested: these L2's sound rather different than the later XL2 models, partly because of the different pickups. I find the sound of L2's
more traditional P-bass like - XL's sound more modern.