Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Squier Korean Precision 1997 - £200 delivered - *SOLD*
£225
Portsmouth

Steve Browning

I bought this only recently. It's a really nice bass but I think the fingerboard radius is bigger than the basses I am used to - it feels flatter than 'standard'. Very nice and playable but 48 years of muscle memory are hard to overcome!

Serial number information and other research shows this is an alder body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Everything works fine. The tuners are not the original ones (when I bought it, a couple of the bushings had cracked - they seemed to be metalised plastic). I had some better quality tuners and bushes in the parts drawer (I suspect they're Fender Japan but can't swear to it). I've given it a clean and did the fingerboard with lemon oil. All in all, it's a very good bass and I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived.

The colour is best described as burgundy and the scratchplate is a sort of Cornish ice cream colour (best description I can give it). The pictures give a good impression of the appearance. The previous seller fitted it with a new set of (what I reckon are) Rotosound Roto Bass strings, and I have shortened their life by about 20 minutes. It comes with a Fender cover (it's the bag a Fender Japan bass would come in). I won't call it a gig bag. The bass will be very well packed in any case. 

The important numbers:

Weight is a comfortable 9lbs 7oz.

Nut width is 43mm

As always, collection is preferred and I am also willing to drive a reasonable distance to hand it over.

I was a bit optimistic on price so dropped to something more attractive.

IMG_20220723_080936.jpg

IMG_20220723_080950 (2).jpg

IMG_20220723_081002.jpg

IMG_20220723_081011.jpg

IMG_20220723_081021.jpg

IMG_20220723_081024.jpg

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 2

• Steve Browning changed the title to Squier Korean Precision 1997 - £200 delivered
  • Steve Browning changed the title to SOLD - Squier Korean Precision 1997