Why become a member? ×

Radial Engineering PRO-D2 - anyone got one?

NancyJohnson

I'm just posting in this area for maximum visibility.

Has anyone got one of these that I can borrow for a day or two?  Crowthorne, Berkshire.

I have a high frequency ground loop issue from a PC/Focusrite audio interface/pair of M-Audio BX5 monitors (signal path is PC>USB>Focustrite>1/4" jacks>monitors) - it's irritating me so much I tend not to switch the monitors on.  (Apparently) I can use one of these to lift the ground - and thus eliminating the hum - so out of the Focusrite I can go 1/4" jacks>ProD2>XLRs>monitors.  I have zero noise to headphones from the Focusrite.

I'd prefer to know it works before shelling out.

Thanks
Paul

radial-pro-d2-1-2-600x600.jpg

Just to answer the questions, I've tried ever conceivable powering option; PC and monitors on the same strip, different plugs etc.  

The Focusrite only has 1/4" jack outputs, the monitors accept 1/4" jacks or XLR.  Headphones are fine, so clearly the issue is between the wired connection from the audio interface to the monitors.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't warrant spending stupid money on the Radial, so pulled the trigger on a Palmer PAN-04, which got great reviews and was under half the price of the Radial.  It's built like a tank...1/4" jacks from the Focusrite, XLRs to the monitors. 

Hiss free.

• Like 1