Why become a member? ×

Stingray Tone 3EQ

Guest BassAdder27

On 10/07/2022 at 22:37, garyt said:

My preference on my Stingray 3-band EQ is everything maxxed.   I’ve tried tweaking, but the max setting is almost like a magnet. 

Same. Whack it all up 100% and let the soundie sort it out! Never have a problem hearing myself that's for sure!

Obviously there are compromises to be made. If I was doing a jazz kinda gig then the above wouldn't suit, but seeing as when I was doing it, I was mostly playing funk / rock / metal I found everything on full usually did the trick! Plus, to my ears it  seemed to be the setting that gave the Stingray it's distinctive sound. 

43 minutes ago, Vanheusen77 said:

If I don’t boost the eq on my special it has the same output as a Fender. With the bass fully boosted it’s a lot hotter though.

I managed to get the VU meter on an Ashdown ABM permanently at the top of red with my Stingray 5HH Special earlier in the week - with the EQ boosted and the active/passive button not engaged - don’t think I’ve ever had that happen before. 

14 hours ago, drTStingray said:

I managed to get the VU meter on an Ashdown ABM permanently at the top of red with my Stingray 5HH Special earlier in the week - with the EQ boosted and the active/passive button not engaged - don’t think I’ve ever had that happen before. 

My normal ABM600 input level is set at 3oclock for my PBass and EQ settings on the amp ( nothing extreme)

The Ray34 with a little bass boost etc was needing the ABM600 input increased which surprised me.

If I max the EQ on the Ray I can pound it into the Red on the VU as expected