Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5-String in Blackburst - *SOLD*
£700
Hampshire

froglord

Selling my Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor - a five-string active bass in a subtle and fetching blackburst. I'm not sure what year it is - 2005-ish? Serial number is 2250.

Six bolt neck joint, textured grain pattern, German engineering, Delano pickups. Weight is about 4.5kg (10lb). 34" scale length. Zero fret.

Controls: Volume, pickup pan, bass, middle, treble, active/passive switch and coil split switch.

It's in absolutely superb condition. I can only find two very minor blemishes (shown in ultra close-up, but barely visible unless you're looking for them).

It didn't come with a case or even a gig bag, but I'm including a Hiscox P/J hardcase. It's not a tight fit, but it does offer decent protection.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to keep it simple when it come to basses - four-strings and passive!

I'd strongly prefer for the buyer to collect (we've all heard the postage horror stories). I'm in Hampshire and can meet up at a local train station (Havant, Petersfield) or drive a not-too-crazy distance. If postage is the only option, let me know and we can sort something out (at extra cost to the buyer).

P1210686.JPG

P1210689.JPG

P1210690.JPG

P1210691.JPG

P1210693.JPG

P1210695.JPG

P1210698.JPG

P1210699.JPG

P1210700.JPG

P1210702.JPG

P1210703.JPG

P1210705.JPG

Edited by froglord
  • Like 5

These are spectacular basses! I have an older model with a H S pickup configuration and a 2 band EQ. It is effortless to play, ridiculously comfortable with a super fast slim neck and a very versatile and puchy tone. Very similar to a Warwick in many respects.

Outstanding build quality too and mine is quit light too.

• Like 1

Sorry for a dumb question..
blerb shows active passive switch and coil split switch - but i only see one switch
is it push/pull for active passive?
does the treble then become a tone control?

thanks in advance.

Sir, I wiil buy it for sure

I am not living in England but I have a friend who is also a bass player. He will contact you today or at least tomorrow (sorry for our jet lag).

I’d be very grateful if you can change this thread to ’On Hold‘.

Sorry, guys - the bass is sold (pending payment and delivery). I'll let you know if it becomes free again, but you should probably assume that it's gone.

BigJHW - the active/passive switch is a push-pull on the volume control.

• Like 1

• froglord changed the title to *SOLD* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5-String in Blackburst