Why become a member? ×

FS: *WILL NOW SHIP* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £800 - *SOLD*
£900
Merseyside / Lancs

dmc79

SOLD

WILL NOW SHIP to mainland UK address at buyers cost of £40. This is for Parcelforce Express 24 next day, fully protected, trackable delivery. 

FINAL PRICE DROP now £800: Fender MIA / USA Precision Bass, from Corona, California, 2008, with Gator hard case. Long scale 34 inch. Black with gloss poly 'modern C' maple neck & fretboard. Usual USA made refinements: rolled fretboard edges, string thru' bridge, graphite reinforcing rod thru neck. Fretboard was cleaned with Dunlop 65 spray cleaner on recent string change. Strings are Rotosound RS66LDN nickel plated roundwound in 45-105 and the bass has barely been played since they went on.

The pickups are upgraded to Fender Custom Shop 62s (these only became standard from 2012 onwards), and it has upgraded electrics in the form of a KiOgon loom (wired to Fender US Standard specs - CTS 250 pots, .47 Capacitor & Switchcraft Jack). Solderless screw terminals so a doddle if you ever want to change pickups (you may not need to though as the CS62s are great). HiMass vintage bridge. Fender lightweight vintage paddle tuners. It comes with a Gator Deluxe ABS hard case case to which there are no keys. No paperwork, just a Fender truss rod tool. The bass is fitted with a 3 ply black/white/black plate with truss rod cutout. The bass weighs 4.2Kg (9.2lbs) on my digital luggage scale. The width at the nut is 41mm.

The bass is in good used, gigged condition for a 13 & a half year old instrument. There is a fair bit of minor scratching / swirl marks on the body & scratchplate as you would expect with a black bass. Only visible up close and quite hard to photograph though I have tried. Please contact me if you want any more photos. There are a few minor bumps, but no paint removed. As shown in the photos, there is a small ding on the back of the neck behind the 8th fret, no more than 1mm deep and I can't say it has bothered me when playing. There is a small lacquer chip on the fingerboard edge between the 12th & 13th frets. A little fret wear but the neck is in great shape otherwise. There are half a dozen small 'nibbles' on the end of the headstock. A black bass has to have some battle scars, right?!

A great bass, but selling as despite always being a one bass man, I ended up buying 3 recently, and have decided to let this one go to a good home. Buyer can either collect in person from Southport, Merseyside/Lancs, or I will post at buyer’s cost of £40 as stated at top of listing. 

Please reply in topic or PM with any questions or if more photos are needed. Thanks.

Final price drop to £800, need this gone. Can’t believe it’s still here!

NO TRADE OFFERS WHATSOEVER PLEASE

SOLD

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

IMG_4349.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

Edited by dmc79
SOLD
  • Like 8

• dmc79 changed the title to FS: *PRICE DROP* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £850 Merseyside / Lancs
  • Kiwi unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, stingraybassman said:

These are absolute workhorses! Great colour combo as well. Serious bass for £850, surely won't be here long.......

Agreed. Yes, hopefully! 

• dmc79 changed the title to FS: *PRICE DROP* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £850 Merseyside / Lancs
  • dmc79 changed the title to FS: *FINAL PRICE DROP* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £800
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dmc79 changed the title to FS: *FLASH SALE this weekend only* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £800
On 11/07/2022 at 23:15, dmc79 said:

Tough crowd! How is this still here?!

I think of you added postage it might help, I have never had any problems with Parcelforce in the last 20 odd years and you have a hard case which helps..GLWTS

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

I think of you added postage it might help, I have never had any problems with Parcelforce in the last 20 odd years and you have a hard case which helps..GLWTS

Yes, I may have to consider it if nobody in the North West is interested 

• dmc79 changed the title to FS: *WILL NOW SHIP *& FLASH SALE this weekend only* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £800
  • dmc79 changed the title to *SOLD* Fender USA Precision American Standard, MIA Black & Maple 2008, with upgrades & hard case - £800