Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5P Bridge Pickup cover for 3D printer

AngeR

Hello guys,

I have an amazing Yamaha TRB5P but don't like a bit the electronics. Changed the preamp and fitted a Sadowsky 4 Knob, sound killer! Some time a go, I bought a set o MAMA pickups  (they make them specifically for this bass). The P pickup sounds good, a bit too compressed for my taste but sounds good. The problem was always the bridge pickup. Hums like hell, thin sound and low output. Not really happy here...

So, since I have a Nordstrand NJ5S sitting at home, I decided to solve the problem by building a pickup cover using the 3D printer and Tinkercad to design it.

It's the first time that I use this kind of software and it's possible that everything isn't perfect but so far, is looking good.

Honestly, I never post anything about my workl but I decided to post this project because I really hope that this 3D model solve someone's problem as it did for me.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5365871

As soon as I get this thing printed, I'll update the post with some pictures

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, here it is. 
it’s far from perfect but I think it’s going to work. 
the guy who printed the cover added a little twist in the design and now is looking a little different than my original project. 
I’ll post some updates when I fit it in my bass0BABC857-CA82-4810-88B4-D8FF9EEF0535.thumb.jpeg.c0cdad9f73d5156ef384cfe4a1c1bc8f.jpeg2DFFB5EE-ED67-40FE-9179-9721ADA8B86C.thumb.jpeg.874f67bfa8957b04e48aa6f1c61e4aad.jpegA84A5DC7-B2BF-4309-9459-BC3C993B7A77.thumb.jpeg.3164e5324d9aa70dfcc7462a6debe5a7.jpeg

• Like 1