Why become a member? ×

60s style P-bass pickup options

Munurmunuh

9 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Just to tidy up a loose end in this plan, what would be the obvious choice of cap for this combination?

Back to the .047 standard, or something higher?

(Pretty sure the .022 in there atm wouldn't do the job)

The GZR's come with all the guts you need including 250k tone and volume pots, but I'm not sure what the cap is.

If you wanted to use different pots to what they come with then you'll have to think about how to connect the pups to pots as the pups (and pots) have a solderless connection wire. I guess you could use them to connect at the pup end and then strip the pot end to connect to different pots? That'd be one for someone more technical than me though!

29 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Ah, the site I checked had them all at 184r, but maybe that doesn't include the Heritage range?

If you go to the Fender site, and on the main page change your country from 🇬🇧 to 🇯🇵, all the goodies appear. You'll need to get Google Chrome to translate everything in sight, obvs.... ;)

1 hour ago, Ricky Rioli said:

If you go to the Fender site, and on the main page change your country from 🇬🇧 to 🇯🇵, all the goodies appear. You'll need to get Google Chrome to translate everything in sight, obvs.... ;)

Ah, I was looking at....

https://japanfender.wordpress.com/

But this site includes the older models by the looks of things

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonesy said:

The GZR's come with all the guts you need including 250k tone and volume pots, but I'm not sure what the cap is.

If you wanted to use different pots to what they come with then you'll have to think about how to connect the pups to pots as the pups (and pots) have a solderless connection wire. I guess you could use them to connect at the pup end and then strip the pot end to connect to different pots? That'd be one for someone more technical than me though!

I think I recall my tech telling me that the cavity in a Squier is too tight for regular pots, so maybe it would have to make do with what's already there (and is doing nothing to stop the Dimarzio from sounding good) Anyway, I've done my reading: .047 is what comes with it, but people have combined it with .1 happily.