Why become a member? ×

Ampeg svt 212av can

Smiles

Thanks for the reply it sounds like a great cab , I play in a Ska / Reggae band has it got real weight and depth in the low end , the review vids I’ve watched on YouTube certainly seemed to imply it has ,

was thinking of getting two and running with a 2ohm compatible head possibly the Mesa subway d800+
I also have the ABM 600 evo Iv which is a lovely amp but just wanting a lighter weight rig these days , not getting any younger 😄

thanks again 

Stu 

8 hours ago, Smiles said:

Thanks for the reply it sounds like a great cab , I play in a Ska / Reggae band has it got real weight and depth in the low end , the review vids I’ve watched on YouTube certainly seemed to imply it has ,

was thinking of getting two and running with a 2ohm compatible head possibly the Mesa subway d800+
I also have the ABM 600 evo Iv which is a lovely amp but just wanting a lighter weight rig these days , not getting any younger 😄

thanks again 

Stu 

I think it would do a fine job. It has an authority to its sound ( strong sounding punch ) 

Probably not as deep as a large 15” cab but for a good all round cab it’s very nice. 
It also has a decent tweeter on it for adding a little zing which can be on high low or off. 
Finally it’s a lovely looking cab 

I would imagine two of these would be a huge sound.

I play with a loud heavy hitting drummer and a guitarist using a 4x12 Marshall and 50w valve head. 
We are loud without PA support ( old school rock band ) and it works