Why become a member? ×

1979 Fender Precision

NancyJohnson

I've offered this up previously but at the time I couldn't bear to get shot of it. Things have changed somewhat in the last year or so and with two new arrivals (no, not babies), it's not really getting played, so it's time to move it on.

Anyhow, it's a 1979 Fender Precision, black with rosewood board. Comes with a moulded Fender case. I have the original thumbrest although it's not fitted. I can't say it's 100% original as it's fitted with Dunlop Straploks and the pickup is a Wizard unit(s). I do not have the original strap lugs, the original pickup or bridge/pickup covers. The chromed pickup cover is stock Fender and is newish. Condition is pretty good for the age, certainly nothing major, buckle rash. Neck is lovely. It's an honest, stable and usable bass that has been my main bass for around twenty years. There's a Vans sticker on the scratchplate that will probably come off with a bit of peeling and furniture polish.

Now here's the thing. I have no price for it and at this juncture I'm only really interested in trades; preferably in black/rosewood configuration (hey, unless it's a white Thunderbird :) ). I'm not being bullish in saying that if nothing comes up, it'll just go back in the case until the next time I feel it's time to let it go. I'll happily answer any questions, do photos etc.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='Foxx' post='461139' date='Apr 13 2009, 12:22 PM']Whats that little black thing to the left of the E string below the pickup cover, it looks like something nailed to the body in that pic?[/quote]

I think it's a safe assumption it will turn out to be a thumb rest/anchor; It's just about spot on positionally for someone used to a 2 pup bass... or at least it's exactly what I would have done! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='461142' date='Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM']I think it's a safe assumption it will turn out to be a thumb rest/anchor; It's just about spot on positionally for someone used to a 2 pup bass... or at least it's exactly what I would have done! :)[/quote]
I wondered if it was, i've never seen one that shape before though. lol I prefer to play over the pickup on precision and jazz basses personally, so i've never really used such a device.

Kind of bump I guess. I've had some interesting offers and it's interesting that some of the stuff I'd like to get my hands on has come up for sale in the last few days too...a Bongo, a very pretty Rickenbacker. My wife has asked several times why I want to try something new :)

I'm gonna leave this open for 24 hours, then it goes back in the case under a bed in the spare bedroom.

P