Why become a member? ×

What version VT2 is this?

DanOwens

Hi Dave,

Which version of the VT2 is this? I'm still interested in the new VT2-EQ, but this was a good price to see if I like the tone.

Pics:

Link:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320355461322#ebayphotohosting"]VT2 Dual Bass[/url]

Dan

[quote name='DanOwens' post='459565' date='Apr 10 2009, 07:49 PM']Hi Dave,

Which version of the VT2 is this? I'm still interested in the new VT2-EQ, but this was a good price to see if I like the tone.

Pics:

Link:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320355461322#ebayphotohosting"]VT2 Dual Bass[/url]

Dan[/quote]

It has Dual channels rather than Twin. That means it's channel 1 only or channel driving channel 2, the new twin has 2 separate channels both with their own active EQ. There is a "custom" version of the Dual which has passive EQ.

Both the VT2-Dual and the VT2-Dual-Custom will be replaced with the VT2-Twin.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'm really loving this tone (but then so are my guitarists, so you're probably about to get a couple more orders).

I know you put a lot of love into making the pedals (and you can tell), so I don't want to offend you when I say I'm not too keen on the finish. How easy would it be to unscrew the innards from the case and re-finish it (I'm thinking of leaving it bare and adding control names with a Dymo Label Emboss thingy for a military-look).

Thanks

Dan.

[quote name='DanOwens' post='463942' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:05 PM']Thanks Dave,

I'm really loving this tone (but then so are my guitarists, so you're probably about to get a couple more orders).

I know you put a lot of love into making the pedals (and you can tell), so I don't want to offend you when I say I'm not too keen on the finish. How easy would it be to unscrew the innards from the case and re-finish it (I'm thinking of leaving it bare and adding control names with a Dymo Label Emboss thingy for a military-look).

Thanks

Dan.[/quote]

I do a bare metal finish on the "Std" range.

Don't think you will have any problems getting the paint off and refitting the electronics