Why become a member? ×

Sei Original 5 string headless - *SOLD*
£1650
Brighton

GisserD

Thinning down the herd.

here we have an incredible Sei 5 string original headless bass.

This thing kicks like a pony and has hands down the best kneck ive ever played.

ill let the pictures do the talking. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gffaemd8jiomzkv/AABwIyUwD-j--36hFhzBCCrYa?dl=0

likley from the early 90s. has a small crack in the top veneer that dosent effect playability at all.

3.3kg

Flame maple body

Cocobolo top and back

Gloss natural finish

Flame Maple/Wenge through neck

Ebony fingerboard with maple edgeing

adjustable truss rod

Width at nut: 48mm

2 octave

34" scale

ABM Bridge with 17mm string spacing

EMG JJ pickups

3 band eq, volume, pan

virtually brand new Gator Gig bag

Happy to ship at the buyers expense. no overseas buyers please, happy to have visitors to test or meet half way within reason for fuel costs.

20220310_145553.jpg

20220310_145652.jpg

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, wrinkleygit said:

If it’s serial no11, I used to own it, always thought it would be my forever bass, but sadly as my hands deteriorated with arthritis I struggled with the neck width and reverted back to four strings, fabulous instrument and a regrettable sale .

Interesting! Where would I find the serial number?

14 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Interesting! Where would I find the serial number?

On the bridge, normally the brass bit at the top of it. I have one of these as well, which is my second. I sort of suspect that the one you're selling might have been mine at one point too, if not, it is identical!

P.s. amazing basses, agree totally about the neck

Edited by pluckedout

I had a 6 string bass built by Martin , this was even before he was in The shop .. It was 008 was my main gigging bass for over 10years . I loved it 

I was introduced to him through my bass tutor the inspirational John Currie ..  

GLWTS 

3 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

If it’s serial no11, I used to own it, always thought it would be my forever bass, but sadly as my hands deteriorated with arthritis I struggled with the neck width and reverted back to four strings, fabulous instrument and a regrettable sale .

It is indeed No. 11!

Any of you knowledgeable gents and ladies know what electronics would be fitted into these early models? 

The question has been asked and I thaught I'd re-ask it here. 

Thanks in advance ☺️ 

When I owned it the original bartolini pickups had been replaced with a pair of emg’s by a previous owner, I also replaced the balance pot as it was faulty when I received the bass, all other components were original including the preamp circuit which was a bartolini set up. At that time it was housed in its original aluminium Flightcase which was heavier than my car, I transported the bass everywhere in a Fusion guitar sized gigbag. The playing action and the sounds available where stunning and had it not been for my worsening arthritis it would still be here with me, it truly was a fabulous instrument to own.

• Thanks 1

• GisserD changed the title to SOLD! Sei Original 5 string headless