Why become a member? ×

bass learning books

hippydude

I have been working  on the Hal Leonard  complete Edition book  it has  all the 3 books in one and backing tracks online to play along with ,  my question is should i just stick to finishing the book before starting to learn any other songs from outside the book,   i  would also be  interesting to know if after completing this book  at what level of bass playing would my skill be at >?

That's a great book to start with. If you go through it all properly, it will give you a good solid grounding.

I wouldn't wait to finish before looking at songs. Try to find time for both while you are practicing, that way you can enjoy yourself while still getting the work done.

On 18/01/2022 at 11:26, hippydude said:

I have been working  on the Hal Leonard  complete Edition book  it has  all the 3 books in one and backing tracks online to play along with ,  my question is should i just stick to finishing the book before starting to learn any other songs from outside the book,   i  would also be  interesting to know if after completing this book  at what level of bass playing would my skill be at >?

That's a great book, wish it had been around when I first started playing a long time ago. If you've done all the dot reading and absorbed the information well, I'd say it would put you in at least an intermediate standard. The reading aspect alone will open up a lot of music in other bass books.