Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR505 - PRICE DROP £249 (UK Postage included) - *SOLD*
£260
London SE14

kwmlondon

I got this about a year ago to see how I'd get on with 5 strings and I'm a convert.

Nice as this is (and it is) I've gone all multi scale with wider spacing and more pickups so this is now surplus to requirements.

I got it set up at The Bass Gallery in July and it's got a set of Gear4Music premiums on it (not bad, kind of rich and fruity, still got life in them).

I'm happy to post but at the moment I don't have any packaging, just waiting for a bass to come back from repair then I'll have a box (hopefully won't be more than a week or two, god help me if the thing ends up going back to Canada...). Anyway, if you want to collect in the meantime I'm happy for a try-out in New Cross Gate SE London and I've got a gig back for it too. Check out my feedback. 

https://imgur.com/ulMmEot

Edited by kwmlondon
Dropping price can now post
  • Like 2

I have exactly the same and have owned for ~10 years. It's a wonderful bass and silky smooth when set up correctly. I'm never selling mine but at this price, tempted to buy another....GLWTS.

• Like 1

Just now, CJPJ said:

I have exactly the same and have owned for ~10 years. It's a wonderful bass and silky smooth when set up correctly. I'm never selling mine but at this price, tempted to buy another....GLWTS.

I mean, it's a doozie! They are so light and easy to play. This one's set very low but I've been playing a bass with wider spacing and slightly higher action and I've gotten used to that now. How on earth they knocked these things out for the price is beyond me... Oh, and I got this from fellow Basschatter psychoandy, but I can't find the original post anywhere... I'm asking the same as I paid for it so really just want it to get some appreciation from someone else. Cheers!

I have one of these, which I bought maybe 10 months or so back.  I'm not really a 5 string player - I got it just to have a 5'er in my collection to noodle on.

I bought mine because of its nicely contoured, comfortable body, its light weight (under 4kg - great for a 5 string!). And because it's comfortable to play. Added to this, the pickups & electrics are high quality (if a tad modern sounding) with a wide tonal pallete. 

All in all, a great value bass. If I didn't already have one - I'd be buying this, especially at that price!

GLWTS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I have one of these, which I bought maybe 10 months or so back.  I'm not really a 5 string player - I got it just to have a 5'er in my collection to noodle on.

I bought mine because of its nicely contoured, comfortable body, its light weight (under 4kg - great for a 5 string!). And because it's comfortable to play. Added to this, the pickups & electrics are high quality (if a tad modern sounding) with a wide tonal pallete. 

All in all, a great value bass. If I didn't already have one - I'd be buying this, especially at that price!

GLWTS

Yeah the bass I’ve replaced it with is … heavy! But thanks. 

Seems a good price for a good Bass. GLWTS.

I had a similar Ibanez (SRMS 805) and they certainly tick a lot of boxes being lightweight, low action, good tones, useful preamp...just generally a decent sounding and playable 5 string Bass for a good price. I only got rid of it for the same reason as you though - the string spacing felt too tight for me. Plenty of people out there that like that tighter string spacing though so I'm sure someone will find it to be perfect.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

• kwmlondon changed the title to Ibanez SR505 - PRICE DROP £249 (should be able to post soon)
  • kwmlondon changed the title to Ibanez SR505 - PRICE DROP £249 (UK Postage included)
  • kwmlondon changed the title to **SOLD** Ibanez SR505 - PRICE DROP £249 (UK Postage included)