Why become a member? ×

Roland SH-01 Gaia Synth - *SOLD*
£300
Cleethorpes

I bought this earlier in the year as part of a project to add some (simple) synth leads and pads to the 80's songs we cover. I'm not a keyboard player and I knew nothing at the time about subtractive synthesis or how to program a synth. The Gaia seemed the perfect machine to learn on.

The experiment was very  successful and I've since upgraded to a full blown Korg workstation. Much as I like the Gaia, I just don't need it any more so I'm moving  it on.

The Gaia has been around for a good number of years now and it's main strength is the simplicity of use; it's a great way of learning to to create custom sounds. With three independent oscillators, LFOs, filters and envelopes, it's an amazingly flexible synth and I've been able to get pretty close approximations of all the synths from the songs we cover. The 64 factory presets are good, it also has standard GM2 sounds and there are additional sound libraries available from the Roland website.

It's in excellent condition and I have the box, manual and power supply for it. It's pretty  obvious from the box what's in it so I'd prefer not to post. As I travel around quite a bit, please PM me  to see if we can find a convenient meeting place or whether  I can drop it off.Alternatively, it's available for  collection (and a quick try out) from the sunny Lincolnshire coast.

Some pictures;

IMG_2955.thumb.JPG.ac0c2954e4f84109173f703f01b0d975.JPG

IMG_2954.thumb.JPG.79e2bd7f19a59422f39404cfab17d295.JPG

IMG_2953.thumb.JPG.c86d2ac63efcee0d37a2ad58db800744.JPG

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Skinnyman changed the title to Sold; Roland SH-01 Gaia Synth