Why become a member? ×

NAD Markbass Little Mark Tube

javi_bassist

Hi all!

So, after 3 years with my beloved Ashdown RM500, I wanted something different. Not that I dislike the Ashdown, but I've been having some issues with it lately, so I needed something because I'm gigging a lot and I need the amp. While the Ashdown is being fixed, I bought this:

20211210_191211.thumb.jpg.236809e6af1c55d1dd870a0553bcc939.jpg 

Markbass Little Mark Tube. I had some other options, but this head had everything I was looking for: 

-Quality DI

-Mute function (I find it crazy how many amps doesn't have a mute function) 

-Portable

-I also like the Line Level and the possibility to plug my synth in the other input. 

So, how does it sound? Much better than I expected. I couldn't properly try it before trying, but this thing sounds pretty awesome. The valve warms the sound and makes it fatter in a very musical way. I really like it. In the Eq is where I have to experiment more. The EQ in the Ashdown is just really really good and I have to get used to the EQ of the Markbass. The VLE though, It adds this LPF in the DI and it's a function that I like to have. 

Overall, I'm really happy with it. 

• Like 4

Have used mine for 10 years. No real gains in swopping out for the latest thing for me and it's been brilliant. Smoke machine particles seem to build up inside but a careful hoover will sort. Have had producers opt for the DI on the amp over Avalons!

• Like 2