Why become a member? ×

Dixon Case - gumtree luck!

ped

I’ve had a triple case for my basses for ages - it’s great and really easy to wheel around, even carry short distances! Mostly it’s used as a nice compact stand for three basses at home. 

I’ve started taking one bass at a time to practice but my gig bags are too bulky and I don’t need to ‘wear’ them very often. My hard cases are original vintage ones that came with basses and have broken latches. Also they’re a bit bulky. 

I decided a single Scott Dixon style case should be pretty neat - they’re light, super sturdy and they look nice. They’re very expensive though and it looks like they only do rectangular ones now. 

I did a check on eBay and reverb but didn’t find anything. Whilst looking on gumtree for bike things I saw there was a coffin shaped Dixon case just down the road!! Couldn’t believe it. Called the seller (double bass player with a nice Hamer P bass and a Bacchus P which is for sale (in Beverly, Yorks) and picked it up!

Couldn’t believe my luck!

6A4C9F14-B169-495F-8954-F3E8CF02EB07.jpeg

2100D4D1-9638-499D-A65E-3E61B0FACC41.jpeg

A4754620-9C4D-45CD-BBE8-D885CEA26C1A.jpeg

BB7C8CFF-D90A-420A-9F96-850B103723CF.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...