Why become a member? ×

NPD - Kokko Phaser

stewblack

I have a Kokko Boost pedal, which the seller sent despite the advert being for a phaser.

Then they sent another boost pedal despite me choosing a 'different' seller. I donated it to a worthy cause.

Gave up on my dreams of a £20 phaser.

Until one came up for 15 squids on FB market place. Bingo!

Unwrapped it this morning and hooked it up. Totally blown away by the little orange beast.

Can't compare it to every phaser ever made, but I have had a fair few. With this one I experienced no loss of bottom end, in fact it enhances the sound across the spectrum so the whole bass sound feels bigger, better.

Three controls, rate, depth and mix.

Mix isn't 100% clean when fully counter clockwise, but when the depth is right down it is completely clean, just a tiny bit enhanced compared with the pedal off.

At its slowest it's a very subtle phase, almost flanged, at its quickest it's a frantic bubbly trem. In the sweet spot, or at least my sweet spot, it's a beautiful airy, gaseous phase which, with the mix and depth controls, can be as subtle or as in your face as you like.

I'm yet to hear it in a band context, or mixed with another pedal but first impressions are very positive.

IMG_20211124_150714.jpg

• Like 1