Why become a member? ×

East UniPre 4 Fading Out

dmdavies

Right, I've got an ACG with an Easy Uni-Pre 4k in it. I can plug it in, and play for about 15 ish minutes, and then it just fades out. Pulling the tone to passive works but when I switch it back to active, it stays off.  Removing the lead and then putting it back in fixes it for another 10 or so minutes.

Also, I can make it do it sometimes by pulling the Bright pot to on.

I thought it was the battery, but I've changed that to no avail.

Any ideas?

33 minutes ago, dmdavies said:

Right, I've got an ACG with an Easy Uni-Pre 4k in it. I can plug it in, and play for about 15 ish minutes, and then it just fades out. Pulling the tone to passive works but when I switch it back to active, it stays off.  Removing the lead and then putting it back in fixes it for another 10 or so minutes.

Also, I can make it do it sometimes by pulling the Bright pot to on.

I thought it was the battery, but I've changed that to no avail.

Any ideas?

I'd give John East a shout, he's incredibly helpful and I'm sure he'll be able to shed some light on this for you.

[email protected]

Eude

• Like 1

I managed to fix it last night.

I played it with the control cavity open until it did it again. I then just poked around inside to see what impact it had. The Bass/Treble/Mid controls are all on the same pcb with pin connectors. The pins were apparently a little bit loose. It pulled them of then reseated them and it has stopped happening.

I took it to rehearsal this morning and played for two hours without it reoccurring.

Thanks for your suggestions guys!

• Like 2