Why become a member? ×

Fender 800Pro
£400
Scotland

krispn

**Shipping is not included** but I'm sure we can split the shipping to sweeten the deal

Killer clean bass head with super flexible eq. This amp is an old school power house and can deliver 800w@4ohm or 1200w @2ohm 

This head is very similar to the Thunderfunk and can be run with the eq disengaged. I’ve been using it this way with my HXStomp and it pairs beautifully. 
The semi parametric eq is great and can yield some great tones. My current favourite is setting the treble at 3kHz then dialling the boost/cut right back. It seems to add a bump in upper mids - right in the sweet spot with just the nicest amount of top end! I’m having a gear cull so basically listing most things and I’ll hang onto the bits which are last to go.  The 'fixed' bass and Treble are 50Hz and 10kHz and the semi-para has plenty of crossver for each of the three bands. I have been uing this head to really beef up the 112 I have for sale too - I can really dial in the perfect EQ for the cab, shaving off the sub lows on the semi-para and getting a good solid lows and mids.

I’ve previously used the Fender MB1200 power amp which is the same power section in this head and it convinced me to seek out my two Fender head’s which both employ this same power section (the other head had the 600w version). You can debate class A/B or Class D but I can assure you this head wallops! I don’t think I’ve ever had the master over 11 o’clock on the dial! 

Bass Gallery currently have one for sale for £525.00. These amps were the top of the line pro touring heads. 

KEY FEATURES 

800W at 4 ohms ; 1,200W at 2 ohms

Speakon and 1/4" connectors

Legible anodized silver faceplate

Heavy-duty chrome handles

5-band EQ with 3-band semi-parametric EQ with on/off and gain control

Room Balance control basically a Tilt EQ +-10dB crossover freq: 350Hz

Enhance switch emphasizes highs and lows

Variable compressor

Balanced XLR output with pre/post EQ switch

Ground lift and level control for line out

Mute switch

Tuner output

Effects loop

SPECIFICATIONS

800 PRO Bass Head

19"W x 3-1/2"H x 16"D

Approx 14kg

D64259EF-CA92-4BBD-AFCD-2AF7B935E57A.jpeg

ECEAEF50-8382-4DB7-A6A1-8610A16423B7.jpeg

A34552D8-5D9D-4823-979B-99DDCFA8576F.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 5

I've had a couple of folk asking about a 'payment option' for the heads (I've another Fender head for sale) and while I'm not adverse to that in theory I have a couple of non-music related things on my imminent horizon which are available locally and are cash up front/not payment plan affairs. I really need to consider that so outright sales only please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thing loves a decent overdrive in front. It’s been lapping up a few of my drives recently. B3K, the Fender Trapper and my Spark boost are all glorious partners to the flexible eq. 

Edited by krispn

• 1 month later...