Why become a member? ×

You never know when inspiration will strike

neepheid

Last week our sax player couldn't make rehearsal. This band's next gig isn't until December so I wasn't super bothered about going but the rest of the band were keen so I went along, thinking it would be more social than musical. But no! Someone casually mentioned that we had some pending song ideas that had been rattling around for a few months so we dug one out and had a jam. One session later, one fully formed song structure, words, chords, reasonable idea for how the drums go, main bass riffs for verses and chorus done.

It's the most productive we've been since being allowed to resume rehearsals. I love it when this happens, and I guess my point is that you never know when it's going to happen. Chances are good we'll have a new song ready for December's gig. It'll be this band's second post lockdown gig and first post lockdown public performance (last one was a wedding, thus private) so it'll be nice to have something new to present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Last week our sax player couldn't make rehearsal. This band's next gig isn't until December so I wasn't super bothered about going but the rest of the band were keen so I went along, thinking it would be more social than musical. But no! Someone casually mentioned that we had some pending song ideas that had been rattling around for a few months so we dug one out and had a jam. One session later, one fully formed song structure, words, chords, reasonable idea for how the drums go, main bass riffs for verses and chorus done.

It's the most productive we've been since being allowed to resume rehearsals. I love it when this happens, and I guess my point is that you never know when it's going to happen. Chances are good we'll have a new song ready for December's gig. It'll be this band's second post lockdown gig and first post lockdown public performance (last one was a wedding, thus private) so it'll be nice to have something new to present.

It's obvious then - it's your sax player who's been stifling creativity...😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, casapete said:

It's obvious then - it's your sax player who's been stifling creativity...😆

He does moan about keys a lot... ;) Nah, he's a great player and I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with for this new song, lots of room for a nice solo in there.