Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB751

Marcus

Hi Guys,

The DB750 has been replaced with the DB751, more tone shaping and cheaper !!

Is it win win and a good upgrade to classic amp or a DB750 on a budget ?

Has the "built regardless of cost" ethic been compromised with with Amp..... ?

What's your views ?

I just spent a half hour reading the DB751 threads over on Talkbass - a lot of excitement and (informative) discussion and a strong feeling among most current 750 owners that they won't be switching. Dave B has contributed to allay some fears and correct some misconceptions (it's his assertion that the front end in the 751 is a different unit to that in the AG500). It looks like the DB750 was discontinued as of 23rd March - probably a good idea to hang on to your 750 if you love it - the 751 is not a direct replacement (and there's as much downgrading as upgrading in the new model). I'll try a 751 when I see one but I'm pretty convinced that I'll stay with the 750. Another interesting line in the thread is a strong call for the marriage of a 680 with the power section of the 750. That would be worth serious exploration (but I'd still want to hang on to the DB750 - an absolute classic!)

[quote name='lozbass' post='452788' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:56 PM']Another interesting line in the thread is a strong call for the marriage of a 680 with the power section of the 750. That would be worth serious exploration[/quote]

That sure would be worth getting hold of! Even the 659 preamp section with the power amp from the 750 would be great. Can't beat the 680 IMO though.

• 8 months later...

[quote name='Marcus' post='693792' date='Dec 26 2009, 04:10 PM']Anyone bought a 751 then ?

Had a few 750's and considering the 751 as my "come-back" amp !!

opinions welcome

Thanks Guys

Mark[/quote]

Hello mate, I've played through a number of 751's all through Aggie 810 cabs and they sound every bit as good as the 750 I got from you. However I don't see any reason in selling the 750 in order to get a 751.
I would say that the 751 is a great amp and would be an ideal way to start your "come-back"
All the best,

Noir