Why become a member? ×

Ibanez TMB 600 - thoughts?

Bearsohmy

So I'm looking for my new/first bass and obviously completely overwhelmed with choice. Budget is around £500, but ideally much lower as I don't have an amp yet.

I came across a second hand but unused Ibanez TMB 600 for less than a Classic Vibe (and not much more than the entry level TMB. It looks pretty decent, and the blurb stolen from Sweetwater makes it seem decent:

"Mid-level Bass with Carey Nordstrand Pickups

Step up to the great retro looks and exciting tones of the Ibanez TMB605 Talman Bass, with its warm and punchy ash body and solid-playing maple neck with bound jatoba fretboard. A pair of Carey Nordstrand-licensed pickups gives the Talman Bass classic American tones on steroids, with a J-style bridge pickup for smooth and woody lead work and a split P-style neck pickup for meaty picked tones and powerful low end. Custom electronics with a bypassable 2-band EQ give the Talman further sound-shaping potential. Sweetwater bassists stand behind the Ibanez TMB605 Talman Bass for its great looks and pioneering tones at an intermediate price.

Ibanez Talman TMB605 Electric Bass at a Glance:
Carey Nordstrand CND pickups bring modern guts to classic American tones
Custom electronics and 2-band EQ for sonic versatility
Striking retro looks"

It's far away so would need posting, so wondered if any of you lot had had experience with this now discontinued model, and what you thought?

I love that giant boat paddle headstock, too!

preview_1.jpg