Why become a member? ×

HEADPHONES

mybass

Recently losing use of some old Sennheisers has started me looking at replacements. I was in a studio all week. The owner / engineer had the Sennhesier HD 600. They are reputed to be good enough to mix on and they did sound great and were very comfortable. The big "but" is they are around the £190/200 mark.
I've looked at cheaper models but my head keeps saying go for these. My ears need looking after these days!
Anyone else got them or knows a cheaper supplier. I'm trawling the internet today for a good supplier.
Ta.

[quote name='mybass' post='451578' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:18 PM']Recently losing use of some old Sennheisers has started me looking at replacements. I was in a studio all week. The owner / engineer had the Sennhesier HD 600. They are reputed to be good enough to mix on and they did sound great and were very comfortable. The big "but" is they are around the £190/200 mark.
I've looked at cheaper models but my head keeps saying go for these. My ears need looking after these days!
Anyone else got them or knows a cheaper supplier. I'm trawling the internet today for a good supplier.
Ta.[/quote]

Ilisten all day on a pair of 575s and they are magnificent. If the 600s are better then they would be around that mark. I got mine on the bay of evilness years ago for £70 (and yes they are genuine) never seen them since. They are a bit weird, they have a 590 capsule in a 560 body or some such.....

[quote name='crez5150' post='451582' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:22 PM']your best bet is to check some of the consumer sites as these will predominantly be cheaper..... Beware of fake goods though..... if they seem too good to be true... they normally are....[/quote]

Yup. I'd say don't waste your time trawling - just pay the going rate from a reputable supplier and enjoy your new headphones!

S.P.

[quote name='51m0n' post='451590' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:24 PM'][url="http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=79757&source=froogle"]http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?pr...;source=froogle[/url]

180 inc vat![/quote]

.........If they had stock....... :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='451641' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:05 PM']I quite like my Beyer DT100s. I got them at a reasonable price. I rarely have to mix on headphones but they're perfectly fine for tracking stuff.[/quote]

REally..... you should try the DT 150's they are a world apart.....

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Re: the reputable supplier.... I'm just waiting to hear back on that from another source. Might check directly with Sennheiser as well. I've found another place doing them for £170 all in.

[quote name='mybass' post='451660' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:18 PM']Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Re: the reputable supplier.... I'm just waiting to hear back on that from another source. Might check directly with Sennheiser as well. I've found another place doing them for £170 all in.[/quote]

And to add.....even Sennheiser didn't have complete info on dealers. One person says they "think" they supply a certain shop, another told me to contact a place that didn't have open online purchasing. All strange and as I've just run the gauntlet of a possible copy Shure Beta mike that I returned, I'm trying to keep to legit dealers from now on.