Why become a member? ×

Broughton SV-Pre

danweb22

He seems to do alright for himself- any pedal released sells out almost instantly, I am keen to try one at some point as he must be doing somethign right! I suppose its good that he doesn't do the usual thing of either put up his prices or scale-up production, doesn't make getting the pedals easy though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SumOne said:

He seems to do alright for himself- any pedal released sells out almost instantly, I am keen to try one at some point as he must be doing somethign right! I suppose its good that he doesn't do the usual thing of either put up his prices or scale-up production, doesn't make getting the pedals easy though.

He released a preamp last week called the “Archetype” and it sold out in seconds! Think he only made about 15 though so not surprising 😬

• Like 1

I've used one for a while now and really like it.  I had another as a spare too but sold it on here when I realised I didn't need it! 

The controls work just like an Ampeg preamp and is particularly strong in the mids. I don't use the switches but they work fine also. Broughton pedals always seem to be a well built quality product , it would be interesting to find out how many he makes at a time as they always sell out quickly. 

• Thanks 1

Broughton pedals and mains pre's never disappoint. Had 20+ of them during the last 4 years, including the P-15, SSDI and incoming Archetype. Pretty psyched about this one, think it will help drastically simplifying my pedal-board's 'dirt tone' part. Can't wait !

SV-Pre is a great take on SVT's tone. It got heft, massive lows, and although reproducing the weird scooped and bumped nature of SVTs mids, it doesn't disappear in a band setting. Think you'll dig it, congrats !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hooch said:

Broughton pedals and mains pre's never disappoint. Had 20+ of them during the last 4 years, including the P-15, SSDI and incoming Archetype. Pretty psyched about this one, think it will help drastically simplifying my pedal-board's 'dirt tone' part. Can't wait !

SV-Pre is a great take on SVT's tone. It got heft, massive lows, and although reproducing the weird scooped and bumped nature of SVTs mids, it doesn't disappear in a band setting. Think you'll dig it, congrats !

Great thanks, you got lucky with the Archetype! At least over here the time difference makes the release time at a reasonable hour, I think a lot of the Talkbass members have to wait up until 3am 😬

Absolutely, releases are most often pretty late / early for those living in West Coast, batches being sold out from one minute or so to 10-15 min. Archetypes went pretty fast, like the Sunray a few years ago. Tried to snag one, pulled the trigger during the 10 first second they were available, made a typo on my PP password, 2nd attempt was ok, as payment authorization, they were sold out in the meantime. 

Edited by Hooch
  • Like 1