Why become a member? ×

A small glimpse into another world....Reef content.

yorks5stringer

I've been rehearsing with another band ( after last night decided to can them) but arrived early at the rehearsal studio close to me to hear the sound of guitar being played through FX. Sounded tasty and it was the guitarist from the band I'd been rehearsing with in another unit close to the studio and the door was open. I walked over and asked if it was an extension of the studio to be told no it was Reef's storage place for all their gear and the guy with the guitarist was their sound/tech guy who I was introduced to.

I said hi and mentioned I had the same bass as the Reef Bassist Jack, namely a 72 Telecaster and the tech said he remembered buying it from The Bass Gallery as it was a rare maple body. Needless to say I could not continue the bassy conversation as the guitarist was noisly trying all the FX on a board which presumably belonged to Charlie Woods, Ronnie's son?  Anyway our guitarist pointed at all the guitar cases on the racks, (there must have been 40 or so) and said there were some rare gems in there.

The Reef tech did also say that Jack was using a cheap Squier Mustang at the moment and loving it.

Anyway the rest of our band then turned up so off we went. Back to life, back to reality. I've lived in the area 5 years and never knew that Reef had there gear close by although did know they were localish....

• Like 4

After I took out the J pickup( it came with 2 OEM ones) I put in a P pickup but decided the last thing it needed was more attack so reverted to the  single OEM one which is more than hot enough for me! Did I say in 2022 ( assuming I'm still gigging) I'm going to use it all year as it will be 50!

Edited by yorks5stringer