Why become a member? ×

Distribution Network

cd_david

Anyone interested in our own distribution network?

I travel a lot around the North East, go to the Cotswolds a few times a year and travel to London/ Edinburgh occasionally? I would be more than happy to have a bass dropped off at my home or place of work and collected at my destination?

I know this could logistically be hard to achieve but might be worth setting up a thread that would allow the registering of travel details and obviously you dont have to subscribe?

Anyone else interested in trying?

Just a thought?

Dave :)

It's a nice idea - but a very scary one as it relies so much on trust with very little opportunity to fix problems.

If I buy something from someone on here, there's usually a record of a monetary transaction. I can go someway to prove I paid for it. If the seller is wise, he uses recorded delivery so can go someway towards proving he sent it. Things can go wrong but its a legal argument between two people with a certain amount of traceability in there.

Let's say the seller gives it to another BC member to bring up north. That guy drops it off at your house (for example) and I come by to pick it up. Sounds wonderful.

But.. what if I never receive it from you (or claim I haven't)? What if you never receive it from the traveller (or tell me that)? What if he never gets it from the seller (or says so)? How could we really settle this?

I'm not actually saying anyone would abuse it - but if I was involved as either a buyer/seller/traveller/temp storage fellow, I'd be seriously worried about something happening and fingers getting pointed my way.

[quote name='cd_david' post='450875' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:07 PM']Anyone interested in our own distribution network?

I travel a lot around the North East, go to the Cotswolds a few times a year and travel to London/ Edinburgh occasionally? I would be more than happy to have a bass dropped off at my home or place of work and collected at my destination?

I know this could logistically be hard to achieve but might be worth setting up a thread that would allow the registering of travel details and obviously you dont have to subscribe?

Anyone else interested in trying?

Just a thought?

Dave :)[/quote]

Yeh - your dog chews it. Then what?

It's rapidly going to need insurance and all sorts of stuff. They call that CityLink :rolleyes:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='450882' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:24 PM']Yeh - your dog chews it. Then what?
It's rapidly going to need insurance and all sorts of stuff. They call that CityLink :)[/quote]

I would have thought most of us would treat equipment with care. Maybe some people are less trustworthy however I assume all us northern bunch could vouch for the trustworthy members and likewise. I know Nick (Doctor of the bass) who lives southwards and would trust his recommendations and so the network expands and so on.

Like i said you don't have to be involved, The thought of carriage costs or lack of case on an instrument could make or break a deal, or provide they buyer/ seller with the confidence of safe delivery.

Just a suggestion.

[quote name='cd_david' post='450888' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:36 PM']Maybe some people are less trustworthy however I assume all us northern bunch could vouch for the trustworthy members and likewise.[/quote]
Maybe that could work. Having met some of the north east BCers, there are those that inspire trust by being such nice guys and there are those who you just wouldn't want to piss off (who also seem nice chaps btw). :rolleyes:

Edt: Unusually, for me, I can't quite work out what my opinion is yet. :)

Edited by Eight

[quote name='cd_david' post='450888' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:36 PM']I would have thought most of us would treat equipment with care. Maybe some people are less trustworthy however I assume all us northern bunch could vouch for the trustworthy members and likewise. I know Nick (Doctor of the bass) who lives southwards and would trust his recommendations and so the network expands and so on.

Like i said you don't have to be involved, The thought of carriage costs or lack of case on an instrument could make or break a deal, or provide they buyer/ seller with the confidence of safe delivery.

Just a suggestion.[/quote]

I'm not saying for a minute you wouldn't treat stuff with care but accidents happen. Who would be responsible? Realistically, you have to think about these things.