Why become a member? ×

X Air Weirdness

stewblack

I use a Behringer X Air  X18. I have an android tablet (call it tab 1) I save for use with it and my personal android tablet (tab 2) as back up.

I use an external router.

Here's the thing. At home I plug it all in and connect the tablets seamlessly.

Get to a gig or rehearsal and tab 1 hangs on the 'searching' screen, forever.

tab 2 seems to work just fine, but it's not ideal as my set list and dots are on it too.

Any idea why tab 1 behaves this way?And more importantly what steps can I take in a gig set up situation if this happens while I'm setting up? I have no ideas beyond standing there looking bewildered. This doesn't seem to help.

What is the external router - that seems more of the issue.

Presumably the external router is connected to the socket via ethernet and the x18 is set to external, and the router is providing DHCP and the router is using something other than WEP security? (correct if any of that is wrong - this is how mine connects). 

So when you are at home, are you connecting to it still through the external router (I ask as I tend to use the internal one at home)? It sounds very much like your X18 isn't connecting properly to the router, or isn't getting an address (the search is actually poor on X-air) from the router.

Ultimately if you are connecting the same way at home and live, the only thing that could be difference could be interference.

This is a well known issue that affects most of these when using the built-in Wi-Fi access point. Other devices in the vicinity cause issues with your tablets ability to communicate with the xr18. I use one and have an apple airport express plugged in with the airport issuing IP addresses via DHCP works brilliantly and it's rock solid.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Moos3h said:

This is a well known issue that affects most of these when using the built-in Wi-Fi access point.

it is but he is using an external.

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Thanks @Woodinblack yes everything the same at home. It just seems to play up when I don't want it to.

well, you wouldn't notice it playing up when you didn't care!

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

What makes no sense is why it connects to one tablet but not the other.

different networking I guess.

if you quit the XAir when it is searching and try again does it work? On my iPad (which does the lyrics, mixer and synths), if the mixer doesn't show in 10 second I quit the app and start again.