Why become a member? ×

Zia Drive - added samples

burno70

Just got back from praccy and have to say I'm really impressed with this pedal.

I bought it to replace my soon to be off'd HyperPak. Not that I'm dissing this pedal, it's just too ballsy for my taste. The Zia Drive can do the meaner 'chainsaw' drive like the Hyperpak but, with the gain lower, it can also add a really light grind to my tone. I found it really warm sounding and detailed too.

I'm really happy with it as I was seriously missing the Fulltone Bassdrive's compcut mode, which can also do this, but had to move it on as it took up too much space.

It looks like I've found my ideal Drive pedal. It's small too, which is always handy - although not as small as the HyperPak. Gonna have to do a bit of re-arranging to squeeze it on my board. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
Finally got my pc to speak with my audio interface again so I can record at last!

here's the samples.

Edited by burno70

Can't do samples at the minute - my new pc won't talk to my music interface, I haven't checked the M-Audio site for a while so I'll have a look and see if they've released the Vista patch yet.

[quote]Through a band-pass filter would it do a decent "Peaches"?[/quote]

I haven't heard Peaches, just googled it, is that the Stranglers tune?

I presume you mean run it through an envelope filter in bandpass mode?

[quote name='burno70' post='450512' date='Mar 31 2009, 01:57 PM']I haven't heard Peaches, just googled it, is that the Stranglers tune?

I presume you mean run it through an envelope filter in bandpass mode?[/quote]

You haven't heard Peaches before? Don't say it too loudly, they'll take away your bass player card!

I suppose the BP filter probably isn't necessary but I used to use one (with no envelope follower, just a static BP filter) with grit to keep the bass part focused in the mids (to stop the distortion swamping other stuff).

Hi,
What is it that makes you prefer this pedals to the other hundreds of overdrives on the market?
I'm not provoking, but nowadays there are so many tasty overdrive pedals that I've renounced to buy one (actually I don't need, but an overdrive is something that every bass player should have) and I'm gonna keep my incredible T-rex Dr swamp!

[quote]What is it that makes you prefer this pedals to the other hundreds of overdrives on the market?
I'm not provoking, but nowadays there are so many tasty overdrive pedals that I've renounced to buy one (actually I don't need, but an overdrive is something that every bass player should have) and I'm gonna keep my incredible T-rex Dr swamp![/quote]

I haven't tried all those other pedals out. No doubt there are other killer pedals out there - personally I'd love to try the Dredgetone Angler and the Cream Pie, but I tried out the Zia Drive in the shop, it's got the right kind of sound that I'm after and it does it well.

[quote]Sounds like a bag of spanners mate. I'll give you a Malteaser and a once used kleenex for it. Deal?[/quote]

Is that a whole Malteaser?

• 1 month later...