Why become a member? ×

FINISHED!! Warmoth Jazz

SisterAbdullahX

Really nice build there. We must have similar tastes as my Warmoth build (which has been sitting in the corner of my room for a while also!) is nearing completion, and it's very similar to yours!

Same body, same colour, with a Bad Ass II, but mine will be fretless (got a fretless ebony/maple neck), have Nordstrand NJ4SV pickups and a Sadowsky Pre-Amp.

Again, lovely build, looks like a great bass, just can't wait to get mine finished. It's my first fretless, and I'm lookin forward to rocking some Pino, Jaco etc :)

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='451059' date='Apr 1 2009, 01:22 AM']Yeah, that's a job still to do. I did a quick job on them after filing the fret ends using steel wool. Still needs a bit of fine tuning on the set up, so plan to polish them then.

Anyone suggest the best thing to treat the ebony board? Heard that lemon oil is the stuff, but also heard that it isn't the stuff!

And while I'm on, the chip I mysteriously put in (couldn't have been more careful), which you can see if you zoom in on the body shot near the control cavity. It looks like a black speck, so it's gone through the colour, any way I could use some kind of colour fill or something to repair it. I know it's gonna get it's dings, but not bloody yet! Pee's me off to know it's there cos the rest of it looks so pristine.

Thanks for all your nice comments, chaps![/quote]

if the paint job is only 12 thou thick like you say it is, youre gonna be getting it looking pretty worn pretty quick. that does sound thin. the paint job on my fender p is around 30 thou and doesnt fend off dints to well...
you could get a car touch up pen from halfords, but i think you'd just end up with a blotchy bass after a few dozen dinks.
bass looks really really cool anyway btw - im currently poping in and out of the garage at the moment painting my homebuild body with primer. takes days and days. :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='462161' date='Apr 14 2009, 02:32 PM']Really nice build there. We must have similar tastes as my Warmoth build (which has been sitting in the corner of my room for a while also!) is nearing completion, and it's very similar to yours!

Same body, same colour, with a Bad Ass II, but mine will be fretless (got a fretless ebony/maple neck), have Nordstrand NJ4SV pickups and a Sadowsky Pre-Amp.

Again, lovely build, looks like a great bass, just can't wait to get mine finished. It's my first fretless, and I'm lookin forward to rocking some Pino, Jaco etc :)[/quote]

Hey! Great minds, an' all that! Hope it's given you the inspiration to finish yours off! The Nordstrands are great, and a friend of mine has a Sadowski pre on his and he absolutely swears by it. The pickups and pre should work like a dream together.

Thanks for the nice comments. I can't wait to see yours now!

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='462347' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:08 PM']if the paint job is only 12 thou thick like you say it is, youre gonna be getting it looking pretty worn pretty quick. that does sound thin. the paint job on my fender p is around 30 thou and doesnt fend off dints to well...
you could get a car touch up pen from halfords, but i think you'd just end up with a blotchy bass after a few dozen dinks.
bass looks really really cool anyway btw - im currently poping in and out of the garage at the moment painting my homebuild body with primer. takes days and days. :)[/quote]

I think I'm starting to get over it now. I just tell myself I made it with built in "first ding fear" protection.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='462584' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:55 PM']Hey! Great minds, an' all that! Hope it's given you the inspiration to finish yours off! The Nordstrands are great, and a friend of mine has a Sadowski pre on his and he absolutely swears by it. The pickups and pre should work like a dream together.

Thanks for the nice comments. I can't wait to see yours now![/quote]

It'll be a little while yet I reckon!

Great minds indeed! :)