Why become a member? ×

none-more-punk Clash-alike bass

Clarky

Paul (aka Prosebass) made me this 70s style P bass in the style of Paul Simonon's white/maple/Dimarzio at the end of last year. It sounds fab and plays really well - my only problem is it has a very chunky 50s style P neck, rather than the more slimline modern P neck that I prefer. If you click the link below at the bottom of the thread (entitled Prosebass Simonon P-bass) you can read about its build. Its been gigged but is still in fabulous nick with no dings (would obviously be more punk if it was trashed!).

Cost me, including supplying the vintage pickup and a F*nder decal (which I applied and which is not lacquered over - so could be removed if you so wish), around £300 including a c.£50 Fender hard case. Will listen to offers close to this level and can make an adjustment for not including the hard case - although this would require picking up the bass from London.

Some photos:

[attachment=22923:clarky_basses_013.JPG][attachment=22924:clarky_basses_016.JPG][attachment=22925:cl
arky_basses_015.JPG][attachment=22926:clarky_basses_017.JPG][attachment=22927:clarky_basses_014.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Here are some more pictures to help the sale along....

I think Argh would like this one as he likes these necks, someone want to point him in this direction ?

EDIT. Photo's are before Clarky received the bass hence no Fender Logo which was fitted by Clarky.

Paul

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='BassKS' post='448411' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:46 PM']bridge - wilkinson or gotoh 201.

where is the neck/body from. or are those q's not to be asked? :-)[/quote]
Paul may correct me but the body (alder I think) and neck are new generic P-bass parts from China. The bridge is similar to a Gotoh and is a heavy-mass after-market piece. None of these are from 'name' suppliers (eg Allparts etc)

[quote name='Clarky' post='448421' date='Mar 28 2009, 10:14 PM']Paul may correct me but the body (alder I think) and neck are new generic P-bass parts from China. The bridge is similar to a Gotoh and is a heavy-mass after-market piece. None of these are from 'name' suppliers (eg Allparts etc)[/quote]

I might have to come and take a look this.

PM'd

[quote name='pricechris10' post='448999' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:45 PM']I've got the heavier active baby brother of this at home. I like the chunkier neck!
Hope you sell this one soon.
and bump[/quote]
Cheers Chris, I know the world is divided into those who like chunky necks and those who prefer them, er, less chunky. Bit like Kitcats :)

Edited by Clarky

Off indulging in my other great passion, snowboarding, for 9 days on Saturday. So will not be checking PMs or FS thread from Friday evening onwards.

Anyone interested in this bass, I will get back to them after the Easter bank holiday weekend.

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='452830' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:55 PM']Off indulging in my other great passion, snowboarding, for 9 days on Saturday. So will not be checking PMs or FS thread from Friday evening onwards.

Anyone interested in this bass, I will get back to them after the Easter bank holiday weekend.

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Gives me some thinking time, I am split in 2 minds over this.

Take care mate and I hope you have a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='465541' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:17 PM']on eBay now as have to raise some funds [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130300785283"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130300785283[/url][/quote]
Another failed Clarky auction! Still available bump

Edited by Clarky

On eBay again, new low starting price of £199 including Fender hard case [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130303938748"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130303938748[/url]

Edited by Clarky