Why become a member? ×

B Stock RCF ART Powered Speakers

adamg67

PMT have got B Stock RCF ART 715 and 735s with a fair chunk knocked off. I grabbed a 715 and it has a bit of damage to one corner but was well worth the money. Obviously a bit heavier than the 712s and 732s that people are using for FRFR bass rigs, but I’m fine with the weight (good handles help) and the specs rate it down to 45Hz rather than 50Hz for their 12” ones.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=B+stock+rcf

Tried it this evening and it works an absolute treat with my DI stuff. Hotone IR Loader sounds awesome and my main bass through just a Radial JDI sounds lovely. One box, even if it is a big box, floor wedge if needed. I’m happy.

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 1

I have the 715 and on the 2 occasions I manged to use it I was happy with it. I bought s/h MXR bass di to use through it and it`s got sod all output (not sure if it`s working right as the output is very low) compared to the ART Mic pre I was using before as a di with a pedal in front of it. But you are right, it`s rather a large box. 

I have a Sadowsky SP B1 di pre amp coming next week from Thomann for £134 delivered so I will try that into the 715 and then it will be:

bass - tuner - Sadowsky - RCF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

But you are right, it`s rather a large box. 

It is, and this was the thing I was a bit worried about, but taking it upstairs and putting it up on my desk - it fits in a slightly inaccesible corner when not in use - was pretty easy, it's not too bad to lug about given it's weight.

• Like 1