Why become a member? ×

Weak string?!?

Hi. I continue to be plagued by basses with one weak string. By weak I mean under powered, plays at a lower level. On my Ric 4003 it’s the E (I know of the documented issue there) in my US Precision it’s the A and in my new Gibson DC LP jnr trib it’s the A again. 
it’s not strings because it repeats to the next set. It sounds equal acoustically but becomes apparent when playing with the band. 
Any ideas on this anyone?

thanks!

7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Hi. I continue to be plagued by basses with one weak string. By weak I mean under powered, plays at a lower level. On my Ric 4003 it’s the E (I know of the documented issue there) in my US Precision it’s the A and in my new Gibson DC LP jnr trib it’s the A again. 
it’s not strings because it repeats to the next set. It sounds equal acoustically but becomes apparent when playing with the band. 
Any ideas on this anyone?

thanks!

For the P buy the 50’s pup with the raised A pole. Someone has one on sale here. 

Not sure about the other 2 basses. I think I have solved the weak G on my Stingray by taking the pickup out and pushing down the poles on EAD and pushing up the G pole.

Just as an experiment try a radically different amp / cab setup too...

I have a thing in the house where any bass through my tc 2 x 8" combo has a hugely loud A. Something to do with the speakers and room dimensions I think.

Plug into the Rumble 1x 15" combo and it all sounds fine.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...