Why become a member? ×

NBD - Ibanez GSR200 Black

PaulThePlug

So following the Gumtree post...

Collected today... Nov '07 model, In overal good condition, bit of a dink at the bottom bout edge by the knobs.

Masked up the frets, wire wool and a dremmel polish, lemon oiled the fretboard, toothbrush and cotton buds for the nooks and crannies of the bridge, Mr Sheen for the body n neck.

Stuck on the Dunlop Stainless Rounds i had, Intonated, Sorted... £50 Paid... £100 all-day-long i recon.

Body.jpg

Head.jpg

...and with its Flats wearing friend...

GSR Pair.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 4

I was quite pleased with my walnut brown version for £140 ex-demo, so £50 is a proper score!

They seem to get a lot of stick as cheapo instruments for beginners who should aspire to 'better' things as soon as they've shown some kind of lasting interest, but mine is (I'm fairly sure..) the lightest bass I own, and the neck is really nicely finished and fretted. Sounds good, too - I find the little bass boost control thingy applied really sparingly just lifts the sound and adds a pleasing bit of weight. Great little basses!

And I'm with you on the cleaning, masking, oiling and polishing - very satisfying little job indeed. I recently added to my inexpensive Ibanez hoard with an SR305 and even though it was brand new, the frets were tarnished and the board was looking a bit factory-grubby and dry.

I can still smell the Duraglit now...

sr300fret_sm.jpg.ba72161668b5cbc6f32c2e6d1cc8da08.jpg

• Like 1