Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone used a Behringer FBQ1502HD Equaliser?

dave_bass5

I expect more with your PA than on bass, but anyone got any experience with this EQ?

it looks cheap, and ideal for my use for keys, not for PA use as such,  but its hard to see any negatives just from a brochure. 

Not interested in any Behringer reputation/ethics etc comments, just asking those that have experience with this EQ, or the 31 band version, although I’m not looking to get that at this time. 

Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I expect more with your PA than on bass, but anyone got any experience with this EQ?

it looks cheap, and ideal for my use for keys, not for PA use as such,  but its hard to see any negatives just from a brochure. 

Not personally used it but the guitarist in a friends group used one on his synthy rig system and swore by it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Not personally used it but the guitarist in a friends group used one on his synthy rig system and swore by it

Cheers. That’s exactly what i wanted to hear. Its not as convenient as a pedal sized box but for the price i cant find anything close (other than cheaper and more expensive clones).

20 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Cheers. That’s exactly what i wanted to hear. Its not as convenient as a pedal sized box but for the price i cant find anything close (other than cheaper and more expensive clones).

This was a guitarist with a full rack thing (excellent young guitarist), stereo rack guitar effects, the graphic and rack pa amp. 

if you have already decided to go to the rack route it opens up a lot of options

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

This was a guitarist with a full rack thing (excellent young guitarist), stereo rack guitar effects, the graphic and rack pa amp. 

if you have already decided to go to the rack route it opens up a lot of options

Cheers again. I hoped to not go the rack route, and i wont be needing anything else in this form factor, but i need stereo and there isnt much around at the cheaper end of the market. I had the Boss EQ200 which was nice but i found it a bit tame and didnt do much for me. The Source Audio EQ2 looks amazing, but too pricy for what ill use it for.

I’m  just looking to tweak the rehearsal studios PA’s more than sound shape. We use 3 studios and each sound different. None sound good though. Obviously i can use it for gigs, but our PA is actually ok without it. 

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Cheers again. I hoped to not go the rack route, and i wont be needing anything else in this form factor, but i need stereo and there isnt much around at the cheaper end of the market.

well, that is the advantages with racks in general - there is a hell of a lot of choice, and used rack stuff is so cheap. I am often drawn to it down the cost and flexibility but then there is the size etc.

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

well, that is the advantages with racks in general - there is a hell of a lot of choice, and used rack stuff is so cheap. I am often drawn to it down the cost and flexibility but then there is the size etc.

Ironically i threw out a Peavey power amp which was in a rack bag recently, and there was a stereo graphic in there as well.

I’m carrying less gear these days then when i was playing bass, as i dont need to carry a rig, but it seems to be growing each month. Might get a 2U rack bag which should hold my leads and pedals as well.