Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ Japan Jazz Bass For Sale 90’s this is now SOLD
£650
Lancaster

ash

This old Jazz bass is a ‘Crafted in Japan’ Model and the Fender serial decoder dates it to 1993 however some sites date it as a 1997 model. What you have here however is an exceptionally playable Jazz bass with a lovely slim neck. It’s light too at around 9lbs and balances perfectly. One of the criticisms of MIJ basses is that the pickups are weak, this bass benefits from a pair of US Fender pickups and in comparison to my 83’ JV Jazz they do have more gain. 

As with all good basses this has been played and gigged a lot so has a lot of genuine road wear. There are dings and scuffs aplenty, touched up paint at the bottom of the instrument. There is also corrosion on the bridge, screws and top strap button (replaced straplock buttons) as well as tarnishing to the nickel plate tuners. Everything is solid and works as it ought to however. It really is a lovely bass - the neck has some dings to the headstock and a small chip behind the nut but no marks at the back or dings. It is a comfortable neck to play alas too slim at the nut for me hence the sale. It was filthy when I bought it a proper gig machine! No trades and UK only please. 

There is an old case included. 

CE70507F-D2E1-48EF-854C-2328A1B31267.jpeg

Edited by ash
Now SOLD thanks Clarky
  • Like 4