Why become a member? ×

Ashdown AAA or studio?

Sir Toby

Hi!

I am looking for opinions, experience and thoughts regarding the Ashdown quality and sound in General and the AAA and Studio series specifically.

They look amazing, 4- or 5-band eq, aux in, headphone out, onboard drive etcetera. Lots of power and considerably lower in price than the Rumbles for example.

Whats the catch? Hard to get much info online.

I am interested in the AAA-120 evo, AAA-300 evo, Studio 12 or Studio 15.

Any owners? Horror stories? Comparisons?

I appreciate all input in the matter!

/ Tobias 

I haven't tried the new Studio range, but I have gigged with an AA Vintage12 (75W) with a 7 piece pop band (the drummer was really good and the music was not very loud) and the combo has never let me down. I had an ABM but the BL preferred the combo. It sounds really good.

The AA weights more than the Studio, doesn't it? I know my AA weights as much as my RM210 cab (17 kg I think).

• Thanks 1

I’ve only got the studio 10 -I use it as a practice amp just for my den - but it’s got great features and a classic baked in Ashdown sound, which is the sound in my head. I dont think you’d go wrong with that range. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 22/04/2021 at 23:34, Muppet said:

I’ve only got the studio 10 -I use it as a practice amp just for my den - but it’s got great features and a classic baked in Ashdown sound, which is the sound in my head. I dont think you’d go wrong with that range. 

Is it a good deal for €100 second hand? How do you like it 8 months on?

I'm debating between the Studio 10 vs Markbass 801 vs TC BG250-208 vs Ampeg BA-108 as a living room practice amp that I can take on public transport (so should be portable).