Why become a member? ×

Sire V7/V9 vs Player Jazz vs Sandberg Electra TT

horrorshowbass

7 minutes ago, Bassfingers said:

For the money they are indeed. That Plec'd neck is pure quality. My only reservation with Sandberg is how bright and "modern" the pups seem to be. I have an Electra which I reserve just for slap - it's too bright and decidedly non vintage for my taste. Even with the tone rolled right off. 

Sounds amazing :)

Even the P is modern sounding?

1 minute ago, horrorshowbass said:

Sounds amazing :)

Even the P is modern sounding?

For me, yes absolutely . I have an Electra VS4 - the Sandberg basic P bass. It is super bright. Apparently they have 500 pots as opposed the the P's 250s - it's a job taming the brightness when all you really want is good old vintage P thump. 

They are fantastic instruments - really well made and for the price range they do punch above their weight - but a P bass it ain't! 

9 hours ago, Bassfingers said:

For the money they are indeed. That Plec'd neck is pure quality. My only reservation with Sandberg is how bright and "modern" the pups seem to be. I have an Electra which I reserve just for slap - it's too bright and decidedly non vintage for my taste. Even with the tone rolled right off. 

Mine came with flats on it, I think Labella, and it's ok. Not full on vintage perhaps but not too bright.

• Like 1