Why become a member? ×

MU / How does Total Motor Assist work?

Bass Wielder

In these unfortunate times, penny pinching and researching has become a big thing (for me at least). 
Anyone here a with the MU?

Anyone used this scheme before? 

Useful or is there a catch?

Hopefully I won’t bring up too many bad memories, incidents etc but positive information. 👍🏽

2 hours ago, mybass said:

You may want to put up a link about this to the MU website?

Maybe.... trying to get unbiased observations, experiences, advice, reviews from fellow musicians (bass players here) about this. 
It’s offered on the MU site so...hmmmm , not sure there would be ideal (I could be wrong).

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2021 at 10:57, Bass Wielder said:

In these unfortunate times, penny pinching and researching has become a big thing (for me at least). 

Hopefully I won’t bring up too many bad memories, incidents etc but positive information. 👍🏽

I finally looked at the MU site but I think this scheme is available elsewhere in the market place. It looks like a scheme that can run alongside your normal car insurance but can cover stuff not included in car insurance......but maybe some of these ‘extra’ cover points could be made through your current car insurance anyway? Still not clear completely tome but I guess there is a point to it, apart from making money!

• Thanks 1

On 20/03/2021 at 10:57, Bass Wielder said:

I'm with them through the MU. I've used them once, when I was shunted from behind. There was no damage but their advice was useful in reporting the incident without making a claim.

Can't see a catch myself, it's free and the MU would not recommend them if they were not legit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

I'm with them through the MU. I've used them once, when I was shunted from behind. There was no damage but their advice was useful in reporting the incident without making a claim.

Can't see a catch myself, it's free and the MU would not recommend them if they were not legit.

I didn't look far enough then on the MU site to realise its a free service....must look it up...