Why become a member? ×

Saying hello

tischbein

Hi all, name´s Oliver, from Hamburg, Germany. Not quite young anymore I started learnig this great instrument 2 years ago at the age of 42. Tough to find a band at my age, unless one is into speed or death metal... I´ve been through about 15 basses and a bunch of equipment trying to find what I like. I guess it´s a lifelong journey :) :rolleyes:
Right now I am very happy with a Sadowsky NYC Standard and a LeFay Singer IV; a Modulus Quantum FL is a bit too much for me, so I´m hoping to sell it here. Amp is an Eden WT1205 with a 410XLT and a Schroeder 1215L, plus a Barabass combo with a 12er speaker. Lovin´this forum being more down to earth compared to the blubber on talkbass.

´course... young guns playin speed/death metall stuff, a few bluesbands that have been together for 75 years !! Hard to break into those bands. i´ll start looking for a big band or gospel band for starters. Maybe the´re a bit more forgiving. :D
Oh, I forgot... started in a punk band last year.. but got tired of playing gggggggg-aaaaaaaa-ccccccc, etc. and their constant beer chugging. Guess I´m a bit picky ?? :) :rolleyes: