Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM Classic 50's P bass **SOLD**
£700
Bolton

Pow_22

Here we have the best P bass ive ever played (and I include a few 70’s p’s in that) -  this is my MIM Classic 50’s reissue in burst/gold/maple - in my opinion the best P bass livery.

After a few issues with my job and the mrs’s job during the pandemic ive decided to thin the herd and have less money tied up in nice basses and amps.

Ive always had a p bass in my stable but recently ive been really into my Spector and it is covering all bases (pun intended) at the moment.  The neck on this is a dream, a proper chunky piece of maple that is rock solid.  It didn’t need altering at all when going from the rounds it came with to the current flats.

Since its been in my care I have upgraded the pickups to my go to P bass pups – Alex Pribora vintage spec (handwound in Russia, Alex makes amazing bass and guitar pickups) and of course a Kiogon loom.  The strings she wears currently are again my usual’s, Elites Detroit Flats giving a lovely thump but maintaining a good growl.

Only major ‘dings’ to note is the previous owner appears to have head a mishap and a chuck has been taken out the back of the headstock as pictured and a paint chip near the base of the neck which has subsequently been covered over with black marker.  Never bothered me and the headstock ding cant be seen form the front.  Other than that usual playing wear which I have tried to picture as best I can.

I do have the bridge cover somewhere that was fitted by previous owner but it never came with a pup cover.

Comes with an immaculate hard case and can be tried and heard singing through an SVT here in Bolton over a socially distanced visit or potentially could arrange UK courier.

Looking for £700 ono collected ideally

Pics to follow asap

Edited by Pow_22

Right, seems i rushed without doing my research. Having looked at sold items on ebay i have probably overpriced this.  As such a whacking great discount to £575 collected from a very mork and mindy Bolton