Why become a member? ×

Ebay possible dispute help

Twigman

I recently bought this using BIN
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250388702980"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250388702980[/url]

Given that listing, would you, or would you not expect the pedal to include the 9V DC external psu?

I would and it didn't.

I know we are all supposed to have umpteen suitable power supplies lying around but all mine are in use.

I have e-mailed the seller asking where the psu is and have just been ignored so far.

What should I do now?

[quote name='Twigman' post='442402' date='Mar 23 2009, 01:27 PM']Given that listing, would you, or would you not expect the pedal to include the 9V DC external psu?[/quote]

I would. It says:

[quote]Other features include [...] and included external power supply.[/quote]

I know that's included as a copy-paste of the "website jargon" but it still suggests that the power supply which originally came with the pedal will be included.

[quote name='Twigman' post='442402' date='Mar 23 2009, 01:27 PM']What should I do now?[/quote]

You can file a dispute. If I were in your shoes, I'd just buy a power supply and not do business with that seller again.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

Well it definitely says "included external power supply"

Given the number of effects he has sold, he should know better. How long has he been lugging your attempts to contact him? Have you mentioned that an unresolved result might end in a negative feedback situation (he might want to protect his 100%)?

You got it for a good price so if you cut and ran it would be no biggy really.

He does say:

'Here's the website jargon:'

The comment about the included psu is a part of this 'jargon' that looks like its been cut and pasted.

I wouldn't have assumed it included the psu and I'd have checked it out with him 1st.

Edited by GreeneKing

Additional - mind you he also says "it really improved my tone" which indicates that he doesn't know what the feck he's talking about. :)

GreeneKing has a point - it wouldn't be very hard to wriggle out of that one.

Walk away if it starts getting ugly and leave him a neutral saying the listing was slightly misleading (it might teach him not to be so devious in future).

[quote name='Twigman' post='442402' date='Mar 23 2009, 01:27 PM']I have e-mailed the seller asking where the psu is and have just been ignored so far.

What should I do now?[/quote]

Open a paypal dispute, and say you will accept a partial refund to cover the cost of the missing PSU, you might get something you might not but worth a try there is nothing to lose.

Its surprising how many people that ignore your emails, suddenly take notice once a dispute has been opened.

David.